Monday, November 1, 2010

Preparation in Anticipation of a Nano Nation

This has been a busy day for me. Luckily I was able to pawn off my work shift to another waiter and managed a nap since my Pink Out Bash out Breast Cancer last night kept me up way, way, way too late. Oh...are you curious?



Our restaurant held a Pink Out Halloween Party to collect donations for the Susan G. Komen fund and have a little fun too. This is me and BFF in our costumes.

Cute huh? Lots of pink everywhere. The turnout wasn't what we hoped, but we did all have fun. 

Okay, back to Nano stuff. 

In addition to ensuring that the Royals had a good time and loaded up on Halloween candy, I've caught up the laundry (it may not be put away, but it's clean!), done the dishes, changed the vacuum bag AND vacuumed (even the little corners with the attachment hose), swept and mopped, disciplined and loved and even ate a little something. Why? Well, in a mere couple of hours from right as I type-November 1st rolls in and Nano begins. I do not have a clue what I'll be writing, yet. This is why I'm cleaning and preparing for a month of lacking in chores, cooking and who knows what else. I'm pretty determined to just write. 

I love the challenge it poses. For me, it is motivational. Perhaps like a deadline for a real publisher. I can dream. ;) But...what I love most is that it's only rule is 50,000 words IF you want to be "official" and recognized as such. (Which is kind of a rush, I realized last year.) I love that the participants are nothing but helpful, supportive and kind...and witty. Man, they crack me up.

So, last year I began at Midnight .... my time. This year I have responsibilities at six am and then work at ten-thirty so I'll begin after dropping the Royals off at school. I think I'll need tonight to stew on it and let it come to me more clearly. As of right this second...only wisps of different characters are running through my brain. Perhaps I'll have a dream....

3 comments:

  1. Last year I started exactly at midnight, wrote about 1700 words until I couldn't see straight, and then struggled the rest of the month. Sure, I got my 50k, because I didn't want to give up, but it still sits in a drawer and my passion for it went out the door before Christmas.
    This year, I started Monday after work, after dinner, after reading my mail. I felt more serious and responsible by getting my stuff done first, lol. I've got a good feeling about this year's novel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great way to think about it--like you're on an actual deadline. :) Good luck!

    LOVE the photo! Too cute--and too pink. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your spotlight on R.A.W. :0) I strive to respond if you have your email address attached!