Monday, February 22, 2010

Whoops!! Too Too Fun on 2/22

This is an excerpt from a current WIP, Tunnel Vision for the Whoops! Blogfest. This one appealed to me because it wasn't romance. LOL I'm horrible with love at first sight, first kisses and fluttery tummies. Have fun!



Moira stepped out of the shower and wrapped her long black hair in a towel. She stood at the sink, staring at the foggy mirror when she heard the cackle of Todd's radio in his room. She stepped closer to the door, straining to hear. It didn't sound like Todd was in his room; she couldn't hear the tapping of his light fingers on the keyboard. She cracked the door open slowly when she heard a man's voice come through the speaker.

"The subjects....here." His voice sounded strained and the static interfered with his sentence.

She had to hear this, she knew it. With her eyes on the staircase to the left, she darted across the hall, but misjudged her entrance to Todd's room and hit the doorway with the right half of her body. The towel she had wrapped around her slipped and she grasped at the edges before it could slide down her legs.

"I didn't....report...right now." Carla's voice struggled through the radio.

Moira recovered the towel and leaped over a pile of clothes next to Todd's computer. She managed to land on the rolling chair and crash into the table where the radio sat. She squeezed her eyes shut and hoped that no one was in the house.

"No, it's not.....right now," came the other man's voice.

She turned the squelch knob and a high pitched squeal filled the room. "Shit," she cursed aloud. She cranked the knob the other direction until the squealing stopped. Papers fluttered under the table and she bent down to retrieve them when she heard Todd behind her.

"What the hell are you doing?"

She jumped, hitting her head on the bottom of the table and knocking herself out of the chair she was precariously balanced on. The towel stayed with the chair. "You scared me half to death!" She reached for the towel stuck to the chair and yanked. The chair rebounded off the table, leaving her startled with a towel in her hand, but exposed to the room.

"I'm not looking." Todd spun around.

Moira wished they had invented the time machine. She crawled out from under the table and wrapped the towel around her. "It's okay."

He turned back to face her. "I want to know what you were doing."

23 comments:

  1. Well, you'd never know it wasn't romance. That was funny.

    ..........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't we all wished that at one time or another?

    I love this because it captures things we can all relate to, male or female. That's why you're the teacher and I'm the student!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm not looking." What a great line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Donna! and Thanks for stopping by :0)

    PJ: You are so good to me :)

    Jemi: Thank you! That's good to hear.

    Writer: Yup...only cuz he already saw, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Getting caught spying NAKED. Way to up the stakes. :-)

    Thanks for participating in the Whoops! fest and making it more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Embarrassment in a book is always good when nudity is involved. Great scene. I like both characters a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The absolute nakedness...COOL! I loves me a good story where someone is spying with only a towel wrapped around. Provides much excitement and anticipation. *grin*

    Love to the family from your ol' pal. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suuuure he's not looking. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Melissa! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The chair rebounded off the table, leaving her startled with a towel in her hand, but exposed to the room.

    Great line. Good entry for the blogfest. It's perfect, really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That poor girl is a whole ball of blunder, lol. Great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! I guess that's what she gets for spying. How very cringe worthy though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor Moira! I'm curious why she was so interested in listening to the radio though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to know what she was doing too! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristi,
    This is sooooo funny. Makes me wanna' read more.

    Could you please email me, right away? Thanks a bunch.

    Wordy
    Word Designer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeeeeerrrr, or pm me on the boards?

    Wordy
    Word Designer

    ReplyDelete
  17. laurel: This was a lot of fun!

    I'm so glad everyone wants to read more. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oops! Just goes to show, you should never snoop in a towel.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL! Kristi! How funny and sooo embarrassing! I'd hate for something like that to happen to me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tina; Good lesson, right?!
    Elizabeth: Thanks for joining us cool kids! Wouldn't that be awful?!!
    Sarah: I had a blast with this one, really I did. I'm so glad Laurel hosted it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yah. What Laurel said. Spying? Plus naked? Full of win, good lady. Totally. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your spotlight on R.A.W. :0) I strive to respond if you have your email address attached!