So, the honest scrap award came to me by way of Caroline at Caroline By Line. How totally freaking awesome is that title? Always been one of my favorites. Definitely check out her blog. Caroline has a fabulous way of presenting reading ideas for kids, writing tips for writers and inspiration for all. I'm so glad I found her in this WWW(new copyright-Weird World of Weblogging). According to rules I tell you ten honest things about myself (uh oh) and then present the award to some of my favorite
- If I never made it as a writer, I would be an actress. Drama is my first name. I mean, I've toned down a little since I hit my uh, thirties. But, I can be quite the drama queen.
- The first boy I kissed slobbered all over my face and chin. It was so gross that I did anything possible to always be in the same room with my mom so he couldn't do it again. The next boyfriend I had, I didn't let him kiss me for a looooong time.
- When I was 19, I flew to CA from Texas, then traveled in a '73 Pontiac Lemans (which was totally bitchin', I miss that car!) all the way up the West Coast and then down to CO and back to TX. Alone. I didn't think it was a big deal. I had so many adventures. I could have been killed, robbed and raped at least 30 times according to my naivete and actions. Really, how could I not believe in Angels???
- I still have my puppy whose name is Puppy from when I was 8 years old. It's one of the last things I have that my great grandmother bought for me. Puppy is no longer very pretty, but he will most likely never leave my home.
- I hate folding clothes. I hate putting them away even more. It happens to be my children's new chore. :0)
- I worked for Microsoft when Win95 came out and I thought I was all that. I know nothing.
- Holy cow, has it really been almost 15 years since Win95?? Please tell me I'm wrong in my math. Oh God-This honesty is that I constantly FORGET that time has passed. How is this possible? Seriously?
- I use iGoggle as my homepage so that my Reader, Gmail and pertinent headlines are constantly a click away. And yes, I click too much (have to make sure I have comments!!)
- I think I could live on Subway. I make such sandwiches at home, however it's just not as satisfying as Subway. Why? I think it's because someone else makes it. And cleans up the mess.
- Up until the day I got pregnant, I swore I would NEVER have kids and NEVER get married. Once I had Rhiannon, I swore I would have NO MORE kids and never move again. 12 moves and two kids later, I give up on NEVER and NO MORE.
JM Diaz at An Ulterior Motive-My one guy follower (I think...are there any other guys that I'm missing?) but I love his blog. He has a great take on writing adventures.
Alexa at Hooked on YA books-a new follower, I love her detailed reviews of the books she reads. If you haven't seen her blog, check it out! She's also striving to meet 150 followers so she can throw a contest. :0)
Laurel's Leaves-Smart, fabulously funny
Regina Rhythm-Always well written, always unique and thoughtful
Steph in the City-Here's some honesty for you on about any subject you'd like. :0)