Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday Fun

Just for your general knowledge....

oleaginous: Having the nature or qualities of oil.
threnody: a poem, speech or song of lamentation. Especially for the dead.

I received The Body Finder and Hex Hall in the mail yesterday. I started The Body Finder and can't wait to go to the gym tonight and read while I pedal my derriere off at the gym.

The Young Prince has taken to "Mease Tantrums" also known as "Please tantrums" where he stands at the counter, table, cabinet, doorway and screams "Mease" over and over again. First in a nice voice, then a little whiny, then with power and demanding tones, finally screaming in the very frustrated and ANGRY voice. Poor thing hasn't figured out that while we demand he say "Mease" for his cups and toys and snacks....."Mease" doesn't get you EVERYTHING at ANY TIME you WANT it. *sigh*

"For every failure, there's an alternative
course of action. You just have to find it.
When you come to a roadblock,
take 
a detour."
- Mary Kay Ash



Swain: A male admirer or lover


I'm pleased to announce another author interview coming up next week. You may have heard of her, Kiersten White will tell us all about her fabulous success and her novel, debuting September of this year, Paranormalcy!


On a serious note, It's summertime for most of us now and I hope everyone remembers to stay safe around water!! It takes less than a cup of water to drown a child. 



3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I loved both books! Hex Hall is my favorite thus far of 2010 and The Body Finder was a very close second! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!

    I love how kids learn a word, realize it worked the first dozen times and now won't stop using it because the last few times it worked so well!! Silly kids!

    Wow less than a cup of water. That's something to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED both books. Actually giving away Hex Hall on my blog. It's creating quite the buzz.

    Enjoy your weekend of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read neither book! I have now 30 books in my 'to read' basket! Oy.

    ReplyDelete

Your spotlight on R.A.W. :0) I strive to respond if you have your email address attached!