After a particularly challenging day with my young prince yesterday, I was incredibly happy when he finally went to sleep, without whining and very little crying. As I vegged on the couch, it occured to me that there are a lot of similarities between my internal editor and my young prince. I've come to believe that my internal editor is a fourteen month old boy.
This is why:
1) He whines until I feed him candy.
2) He is always at my heels until I really need him.
3) If something stinks, it's my job to change it.
4) He whines until I give him something to destroy.
5) I am only truly victorious if he is napping.
6) He never naps long enough.
7) When I don't pay him enough attention, he destroys everything I've done.
8) When I try to show off his talents and tricks to others, he responds with a blank stare.
Time to get another pacifier.....:)
The other reason for this post is that sadly, I'm going to make a blog schedule. I hear this is all the rage for the organized folks. I don't know how well I'll make it, but I'll try.
Mon-Fri I will post something and Wednesdays-rather than wordless, will include excerpts of my nano novel. As for the rest of the week...well something has to stay random, right? :)
I also noticed I have some new followers and I wanted to take the time to say "HELLO!!" and welcome you to my little corner of the blogosphere. I always appreciate supporters. What number should I wait for this time before a blog party?? :)
Have a great Thursday, folks-we're almost there!
Nano count: 7446 end of day Wednesday