Someday, I want to own one of these cool laptops...I don't care about the brand, as long as it does what I want and quickly. I have enough waiting in my life as a writer, who wants to wait on everything to load?
I also might want some of this in my future-you know, when I'm rich because of my books' movie rights everywhere. Next Twilight without Vamps..that's me. :0)
And considering I have two beautiful princesses, if they ever find someone willing to treat them as such...I know I'd love to provide two of these for them....
And Sooner rather than Later, I want to be here....or somewhere like it. (arial photo found on the web of Alturas, where I was born and my princess Kayla was born)
The point to all of this is that I really first must take baby steps. We are trying not to eat out this month. Not even once. It's amazing the few nights I'm lazy add up to a lot of fast food. I've been even more discretionary on the heating of our home, dragging out blankets and snuggies instead. Now, comes another "baby step" but one that I've never quite accomplished.
Putting these awful, dreadful...ohsoenjoyablewhenimtoostressedtotalk cigarettes. Did you get all that? It's okay to skip over it. I've been slowly cutting down...
But now it's time to really do it. I have two major blocks....Well, a few...
- Due to dental issues, I can't chew gum or suck on hard candy for relief of "nicotine fits"
- Some of my medications to treat chronic pain really create a craving for them
- I can't afford the Chantix or other nicotine treatments because my insurance doesn't cover them.
- Chantix did help both my mother and grandmother quit, but they both said they had weird, bad, yukky dreams. I don't do well with bad dreams. I have a history of walking and talking and generally being violent in my sleep. I went through a LOT to get rid of that problem. Don't need it again!
- I've never told anyone at any time that I've gone to quit for fear of the repurcussions of people making me feel all guilty when I slip up. It's a vicious cycle.
But...I am going to try and announce to all of you fabulous people and maybe I'll feel more like being successful. Of course, the person that needs most convincing is this one...
(BTW-CJ thought it funny to snap this right before I was headed to bed)
So, I don't have any great quote for you today...other than "This is going to be really hard."
Oh-and I'm really excited that we'll be getting to know Stephanie Haefner a little better tomorrow. :0)