Thursday, January 7, 2010

Totally Random Post

Uhm, has anyone else that writes YA notice yourself talking like you did when you were a teen? Yikes, I'm almost out of control. Even the court jester looks at me funny. Oh well.

Princess Rhiannon turns 10 tomorrow. Double digits. The whopping decade. It's a special day. Want to know a secret? Birthdays secretly depress me. I haven't put my finger on it. The only thing I can come up with is that I'll never get the previous year back. No matter what. *sigh* It makes me appreciate my time more, but we all know how life is. Things get hectic and before you know it a month is gone. 

 I've never let her have friends over to party. It's always been family. This year we decided to let her invite a few friends to a skating rink for a full on skate birthday party. Uhm, let me tell you. We should have let her have parties at Chuck E Cheese. Skating rinks are no joke on the price. However, it covers ten people's admission and skate rentals, so I'm really not trying to gripe. It will be held on Saturday and she has chosen to stay home from school on Friday. That is her actual birthday, and it's the first year she's opted to stay at home. So, will I blog tomorrow? Uhm, stay tuned. I have no clue.

I finally finished rewriting both chapters of my newly titled nano project, Tunnel Vision. Whew. I am pretty excited about it, though. I have a feeling it is tons better than the previous three attempts. :0)

Enough about me, I have an award today. I don't know if I'm really allowed to borrow an award that I've already gifted and gift it again, but...well, you know me. I'm all about breaking the rules. If I offend, please forgive. 

Angelia Almos is one awesome writer. Actually, I've never read a manuscript or short story of hers in my life. But I know from her blog and the helpful advice she leaves in my comments section almost daily, that she is one person that knows her stuff. Check out her blog, One Writer's Journey. Angelia, accept this award with no expectations of passing it on, or even posting it. Just want you to know I appreciate you. Thanks a lot.


Alright, I'm buried in revision today. I promise. There will be limited tweets and almost no facebooking. I promise. Did I say I promise? *Sigh* Now I have to really carry through. I'm going to only promise that I'll be seeing you on Monday. This weekend could be rough. With the whole decade behind me. Keep me in mind this weekend. :-s

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need to put on your anti-kryptonite goggles, Kristi. Its the only way you can possibly survive a whole bunch of ten year olds at a skating rink. Have fun with that. And have a great weekend.

    ~ Yaya
    Yaya's Changing World

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best way to survive the ten year olds is to slap on a pair of skates and get out on the rink with them! What fun it be for your daughter!

    You're a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I kind of giggled when I read "skate rental". I don't know a single child, or even many adults, who don't own skates. One of our favourite Canadian winter activities :) Hope you all have fun at the rink!

    Hmmm... just had a thought. I'm assuming you mean ice skating and not roller skating. In the case of the latter, we'd need skate rentals too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jemi: I should have been more specific. It's roller skating.

    PJ: Actually, I totally can't wait to go skating, it's been so long. :0) Thank you-so far my kids agree that I'm pretty awesome too. LOL I am so not looking forward to the day I'm no longer cool.

    Yaya: Yes, anti=kryptonite goggles and full body armor. LOL :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the new title of your book!! Yay for revising!! I LOVE revising!! :)

    And I found the "talking like a teen" thing hilarious because I was just thinking last night (no kidding - at dinner - I was TOTALLY thinking this!!) that I can't be a YA author because I'm not nearly comfortable talking like a teen. It would come out sounding all dorky and like a 40 year old trying to be hip when they (me) are so NOT!!

    :) So go you!

    Have fun at the party! Don't break anything... especially a typing finger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the party and revisions. Sometimes both can be good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why thank you, Kristi. What a nice thing to say. I will display my award proudly. I just gotta figure out how to do it, LOL. I look forward to reading more of Tunnel Vision (great title). Big daughter turned 10 in October, ah, the change that those two numbers have caused in our house. It's amazing. Have fun at her skating party. I used to love roller skating. We had a roller rink in the town I grew up in, but none near us now (though we have a super nice ice skating rink just down the road). And yes those skate parties can be expensive - I think Big Daughter had her sixth birthday at our ice arena.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy the festivities of celebrating your daughter's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell her Happy Birthday, and I hope you survive the big party. I've suffered a few of those myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to Princess Rhiannon! Good luck with the party and with your revisions.

    That's some pretty great praise for Angelia - I'll have to go check out her blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck. I took ice skating lessons when I was younger--although I guess I started later than everyone else because I was the biggest one in the group--a middle schooler amongst a bunch of elementary kids. I looked ridiculous! But who doesn't love ice skating? Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  12. My oldest has never requested a skating birthday party, but she wants a huge slumber party this year. *shudders* At least you will only have to hear those ten-year-olds for a few hours. I'll have a whole night of it.

    I agree with PJ - go out there and skate with them. It'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was a Skateland addict from 12-15. It was like a middle school soap opera in there. But some of the best times of my life. Happy Bday to the Princess!
    My blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Princess Rhiannon was quite impressed to see all her birthday wishes. Thank you everyone. :0)

    Karen: Totally with you...so, did they play Michael Jackson and Cyndi Lauper a lot? LOL

    Melissa: I do not envy your slumber party. I would be shuddering too!

    ReplyDelete

Your spotlight on R.A.W. :0) I strive to respond if you have your email address attached!